"A pompous gothic cathedral and more ...." Top 5 Page for this destination Reims by MEdelmann

Reims Travel Guide: 306 reviews and 963 photos

Under reconstruction !!

Reims is one of the centers of the champagne production. Lots of good champagne houses can be found here.

But Reims offers also an extremly beautiful cathedral which is absolutely worth to see .... so take time when going to Reims!

I was here twice, the first time in 1998 (I visited the Veuve Cliquot winery) and the second time in 2001 with my sister. But read more .....

• Pros:There is some great architecture and great champagne ....
  • Cons:Frequented bed rooms (we couldn´t get one)
  • In a nutshell:A charming place!
  • Intro Updated Jul 7, 2003

• timada's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2008 at 12:46 AM

Ha , ha ...my sister is like yours ...mine likes shopping very much ! So she goes on trips with my daughter , not with me , I take hundreds of photos like you . Good you took all those wonderful photos ... enjoy very much to see :-))

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2007 at 12:10 PM

Chathedrals and Champagne, what a great combination Manfred!! In enjoyed your photos and comments about both!

• arlequin_g's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2006 at 9:58 AM

Nice page and great cathedral!

• chiara76's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2005 at 1:21 AM

Nice page. I was in Reims long long time ago (10 years ago! gosh, time flies too fast!). Your page about it brought me the memories...

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2005 at 3:18 PM

Nice page about Reims. Btw, your photos are great. I am amazed that the Cathedrals in France are free and they let you use tripod! I somtimes use the church's benches, but it isn't so flexible concerning framing.

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2005 at 8:47 AM

Great cathedral pics - I think your sister was more interested in the most over-rated product made out of grapes...

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2004 at 8:34 AM

Great updates, Manfred !Packinglist for Reims : lots of time and films ! ...and UN-packinglist : unpatient sisters ;-))

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2004 at 3:31 AM

Staying in this area in September & hope to visit Reims. Love your cathedral ceiling photo, interesting page, thanks! (~_~)

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2003 at 6:34 AM

Great updates ! Interesting city !

• alza's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2003 at 9:30 AM

Now I MUST go to Reims! Superb gothic & great pics. I saw Cologne cathedral with brother, we shared same interests lol.

MEdelmann