"A chateau in the vineyards" Vougeot by MEdelmann
Vougeot Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 31 photos
When going from Beaune to Dijon on the national road, you will also pass the small village of Vougeot. It a typical burgundian wine village like many others but it houses a wonderful "chateau" (castle) outside standing in the "Clos de Vougeot" vineyard, which is one of the most famous locations in Burgundy.
Clos de Vougeot was originally created by the monks of Cîteaux. A small chapel and rundimentary buildings, damaged during religios wars, were rebuilt and enlarged in 1551, becoming the current Chateau Clos de Vougeot, which is a major tourist attraction now .....
I It is also the home of the Confrérie des Chevaliers du Tastvin, which is a wine brotherhood. They organize copious feasts and tastings, and they also rent the castle .....
I was there in 1998 and 2001. Most of the pictures are from my second visit. Only some (from inside the castle) I took in 1998. I hope you will enjoy it....
- Pros:A wonderful landscape and a wonderful castle
- Cons:expensive wines
- In a nutshell:An interesting and historic place, not only for wine lovers ...
If you there take a walk through the vineyards. Its very nice and you should always think that this is the home of one... more travel advice
... which was going on my nerves in Reims, was sitting in the sun on the wall and read a book. So she had something to... more travel advice
MEdelmann's Related Pages
Vougeot Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A chateau in the vineyards"
- "Once a Castle, Now a Clubhouse & Vineyards"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vougeot
- Transportation in Vougeot
- Nightlife in Vougeot
- Shopping in Vougeot
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vougeot
- 12 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Vougeot?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vougeot
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 54 reviews, 110 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Telc Intro, 44 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bled Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Göttlesbrunn Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Steyr Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos
- Moscow Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Korea Intro, 22 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reims Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Heidenheim an der Brenz Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues