Seoul Transportation Tips by MEdelmann
Seoul Transportation: 225 reviews and 331 photos
Incheon International Airport
All international flights arrive at Incheon International Airport. It is situated in Incheon which is about 50 kilometres from Seoul in western direction. It was openend it 2001 and built on an island.
Domenstic flights arrive and depart at the old Gimpo Airport. But some cities (like Busan) can be also reached directly from Incheon Airport.
Airport tax is 15.000 won for international flights and 4.000 won for domestic flights.
The picture on your left shows the new international airport in Incheon. Thanks to Radio Korea International in Seoul for this postcard! (It is not allowed to take photos of the aiport.)
We also had a great view to Saint Petersburg, the great city on the river Newa. Fantastic from above ...
Snow and ice of Siberia
I took this picture somewhere over Siberia. Ice and snow ... and that in the middle looks like a river. It looks cold, because of the snow and ice...
At the border Mongolia/Russia
There is sand, sand and only sand... but also some lakes ....
The Gobi desert
.... seen from the airplane. After we had heavy turbulances between Beijing and Ulan-Bataar, the sky began to clear up and I had a fantastic sight to the earth. I got up more often and took some pics. And this must be some where over Mongolia. Unfortuneatly I can see no sheeps ....
Hmm, I´m not shure where this can be... maybe Latvia... does anyone know it?
This photo looks like a picture which was made from the International Space Station, but I took it from the airplane on my flight from Seoul to Amsterdam .... :-))
Mmmm, what do you think?
For getting around in Seoul the subway (metro or underground) is the quickest and most convient way. It offers a huge network with and good connections. A ticket costs you 600 Won only. But store it good, you will need when you exit the subway because there are barriers at the exits and they only open when you put in your ticket .....
There is a shuttle bus with connects the two airports in Seoul. At Gimpo Airport you can change to the subway (line No.5) or take a taxi to the place you want. The price is 6000 Won.
More Reviews (45)
- See All Sang-am World Cup Stadion
- See All Gyeongbokgung Palace
- See All Palaces, Palaces, Palaces ....
- See All President Kim Dae Jung and the Nobel...
MEdelmann's Related Pages
Seoul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to The Land of Big Smog"
- "Return to Seoul"
- "Seoul - My favorite place on Earth!"
- "Seoul: Energy in the Land of the Morning Calm"
- "Organized Chaos --> Seoul, South Korea"
- "Seoul, Capital of Korea"
- "Backpacking Korea in Winter / Spring"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seoul
- Hotels in Seoul
- Transportation in Seoul
- Nightlife in Seoul
- Restaurants in Seoul
- Shopping in Seoul
- Warnings and Dangers in Seoul
- See All...
Explore the World
- Province of Ilocos Sur Hotels
- Cape Town Hotels
- Steptoe Butte State Park
- Sutherland Shire Hotels
- Castle Danger Hotels
Badges & Stats in Seoul
- 54 Reviews
- 110 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 61 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Seoul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seoul
- Commented on one of jckim's Seoul travel pages
- Posted in Travel Vienna Forum "RE: RE: Dress Code for Vienna..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Living in a korean home"
- Wrote a Review Sang-am World Cup Stadion about Parks, Zoos & Stadiums in Seoul Off The Beaten Path
- updated a Seoul Travel Page "Eoseo oseyo .... in Seoul"
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 54 reviews, 110 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Telc Intro, 44 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bled Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Göttlesbrunn Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Steyr Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos
- Moscow Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Korea Intro, 22 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reims Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Heidenheim an der Brenz Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (31)
Latest Seoul hotel reviews
- Hyundai Residence
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- Vabien 1 Hotel Seoul
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 21, 2013
- Prince Hotel Seoul
- 137 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Park Hyatt Seoul
- 388 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- New Korea Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 13, 2012
- The Shilla Seoul
- 192 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Grand Intercontinental Seoul
- 275 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Beewon Guesthouse
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 16, 2013
- Sejong Hotel
- 69 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Guesthouse Korea
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Benhur Hotel
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Kim's Guesthouse
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 19, 2013
- Travelers A Guesthouse
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013
- BJ Hotel Seoul
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 2, 2013
- Gyeongbokgung Palace- 87 Reviews, 200 Photos
- Namsan (South Mountain) and Seoul Tower- 66 Reviews, 157 Photos
- DMZ - DeMilitarized Zone- 57 Reviews, 143 Photos
- Insadong- 37 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Korean Folk Village- 41 Reviews, 76 Photos
- Lotte World- 30 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Itaewon- 19 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Namdaemun - Great South Gate- 35 Reviews, 57 Photos
- Myeongdong- 22 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Everland- 17 Reviews, 40 Photos
See All Seoul Things to Do