"Lindsey goes to Camp Rim Rock, July 2003" Yellow Spring by Kentbein
Yellow Spring Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 17 photos
My soon to be ten year old daughter attended Camp Rim Rock in Yellow Spring, West Virginia in the summer of 2003. She was very hesitant to leave home this year, which is not at all like her. She is typically adventourous and ready for any type of unknown excitement.
This year was different however. She felt as though she was missing out on the best of summer by leaving home and her local friends. She had just returned the week before from a two week visit with her grandparents, and now all of a sudden she felt she was forced to leave for another two. The summer would be gone before she had time to experience it.
She was also remembering last year's camp experience, attending a very rustic Girl Scout Camp. There were NO ammenities, especially in regards to latrine facilities. I'm sure she had visions of miserable conditions at this camp similar to the Girl Scout Camp.
Let's see if it was the prison she imagined.
One of the things that sold her on Camp Rim Rock is the ability to ride horses. Rim Rock has sixty horses and specializes in riding. Girls can elect to attend horse back riding as the exclusive agenda, or do as Lindsey, and sign up for the General Camp agenda.
General Camp allows for lots of other activities as well as riding, and worked better with her this year. She's especially fond of art, and will have a good time with the Arts program also offered here.
These are the living quarters for the girls. Cabin assignements are arranged by age group, with Lindsey's group nestled among about ten cabins like these pictured.
Each cabin bunks eight people, with two being counselors. Lindsey's cabin is called "Catawba 2".
- Pros:Camp Rim Rock for girls is excellent
- Cons:Too bad there's no camps for the parents!!
- In a nutshell:Camp Rim Rock seems like a exceptional environment.
First Day. Parents sign in and register the children for camp. more travel advice
Kentbein's Related Pages
Yellow Spring Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yellow Spring
- 14 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Yellow Spring?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yellow Spring
Photos in Yellow SpringSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 149 reviews, 158 photos, 4 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 64 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 69 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Virginia Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
- New York City Intro, 23 reviews, 25 photos
- Brookhaven Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Philadelphia Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos