"Summer, 2003" Georgetown by Kentbein
Georgetown Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 102 photos
We spent the end of summer traveling south, first to see friends in North carolina, then to my in-laws in Georgia, and ended the trip here at Georgetown and stayed with ome long time friends at their ocean community home 50 miles south of Myrtle Beach, in Georgetown. I had never been to Georgetown before, and was VERY impressed. It's a beautiful town, full of commerce, indusrty, resorts, residences, and beauty. It's a marvelous place and a very well kept beach secret.
The place where we stayed, DeBordieu Colony, is a private community with a two mile beach front. It's excellent, and was a fun, fun end to our summer trips.
Their back yard neighbor is an alligator. This "small" reptile is an original inhabitant of the region and is found everywheer along the intercoastal waterways from South Carolina through Florida. They typically feed off fish, birds, small rodents, and any prey they can find approximately the size of say, a five year old.
There have been no children eaten by alligators here, although you do need to keep them away from the ponds and streams unsupervised. Alligators are relatively shy around larger creatures, such as you or me, but a small dog or child would look like a nice catered dinner to these carnivors. It's always best to use care around them.
I think what these people do is absolutely commedable. It could very well be that each little turtle rescued from a... more travel advice
Kentbein's Related Pages
Georgetown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Summer, 2003"
- "georgetown south carolina"
- "ICW Trip 2001 Leg 14 Georgetown SC"
- "Georgetown: Charleston's Little Sister"
- "Georgetown, South Carolina"
- "Around town"
- "Some Georgetown Scenes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Georgetown
- Hotels in Georgetown
- Nightlife in Georgetown
- Restaurants in Georgetown
- Shopping in Georgetown
- Warnings and Dangers in Georgetown
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Georgetown
- 20 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Georgetown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Georgetown
Photos in GeorgetownSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 149 reviews, 158 photos, 4 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 64 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 69 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Virginia Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
- New York City Intro, 23 reviews, 25 photos
- Brookhaven Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Philadelphia Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (78)
Latest Georgetown hotel reviews