"Welcome to riproy's HomePage" riproy's Profile

Welcome passers-thru to my humble little page.
I haven't traveled much internationally - it isn't my strongest suit. I feel oddly uncomfortable with being a tourist. I visited Europe for a few months and found it interesting, but it was too much too fast. I need time to absorb my surroundings. That is why working in different places appeals to me. Some years ago i worked in the former Czechoslovakia and really enjoyed that, and loved using Plzen as a base to explore other parts of Europe. I didn't write about any of this as it seems so long ago and much of the information is probably irrelevant today.
In 1994 i went to Thailand and worked there for a number of years. That experience is mainly what i have to share with VTers.
We are hoping to fit in at least one more stint working overseas in the next five years.
If you are interested in the impact of certain types of tourism in SE Asia, please read the tourism travelogues on my Thailand page. I hope you will find them thought provoking.
From August to November 2003 i will be in the town of Ostroh in western Ukraine. I hope to develop a page about my time there when i get back. Internet access will be very limited there so i doubt i will have much time for VT while there.
Safe and fulfilling travels to all.
Cheers
klaus

PS Regarding photos, I have given credit where they are not my creation. The member photo is credited to the incomparable Karan Aquino.

• Intro Updated Sep 17, 2003

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!