"Beautiful Kenai Peninsula" Seward by extremist
Seward Travel Guide: 201 reviews and 484 photos
This year has been a simply fantastic start! I've had the blessed oppurtunity to do what I always wanted to, fish in the ocean, not only once but 3 times, and I'm happy standing on a boat with a pole in my hands, regardless of the weather or the ocean swells. To see the excitment of people catching the great alaska fish, wether is be halibut, rock fish, ling cod or Cohos, it's the fun of reeling one in, and better yet, eatting what you have caught!alaskanfishing
We entertainted an individual from Ireland, and he had the joy of reeling in this nice Ling Cod, the season did not open until July 1st for ling cod, and we had to release that one. But we saw whales breaching in the ocean, a magnificent glacier, sealions, eagles and much more wildlife that it's just undescribable, you just have to experience it and take it all in, breathtaking, even for an Alaskan like myself, I was just in awe of all the beauty around me. The captain was kind enough to cook us up some fresh halibut and made a pot of coffee on board! Where else would a person want to be??
- Pros:Boats everyone, ready to take you on your fishing Adventure
- Cons:Have to leave faily early in the morning
- In a nutshell:Even as Alaskan, I recommend this trip to everyone
There were milestones marking way back on the road before we even got to the glacier indicating years the glacier... more travel advice
extremist's Related Pages
Seward Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Scenic Seward"
- "Seward - Scenery that can't be beat"
- "Jumping Around Seward!"
- "A Favorite Destination"
- "Seward and Kenai Fjords National Park"
- "Great fishing town on Kenai Peninsula"
- "Seward, a small and friendly harbor town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seward
- Hotels in Seward
- Transportation in Seward
- Restaurants in Seward
- Shopping in Seward
- Warnings and Dangers in Seward
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Seward
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Seward?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seward
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Vallarta Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos
- Anchorage Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Glennallen Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nome Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos
- Denali State Park Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Ninilchik Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Seward Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Punta de Mita Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Arizona Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (15)
Latest Seward hotel reviews
- Miller's Landing
- 154 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Marina Motel
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2012
- Van Gilder Hotel
- 71 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- Seward Windsong Lodge
- 135 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 25, 2013
- Best Western Hotel Edgewater
- 133 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Hotel Seward Alaska
- 181 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express Seward Harbor
- 265 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013