"Southcentral Alaska" Seldovia by extremist
Seldovia Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 149 photos
Seldovia is about 30 miles West of Homer accessible by boat or plane. Seldovia was est. in 1852. I took a 2hr wildlife cruise over and stayed in the hotel and flew back the next day. There are 350 residents in Seldovia. Seldovia means "herring". This hotel has 14 rooms each with private bath and the front overlooks the pier where our boat came into the dock. Boardwalkhotel
this is on the West side of the Kachemak bay a rock formation that looks like an elephant
- Pros:Quiet, peaceful, great views
- Cons:It was hot and lots of horseflies
- In a nutshell:Plan this trip about a week in advance, but go to Seldovia
Ok, on the 2hr boat ride over to Seldovia from Homer, the captain persuaded the passengers that were just going to be in... more travel advice
I walked down the main front street and heard music from one drinking establishment called the Linwood, only 300 people... more travel advice
extremist's Related Pages
Seldovia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Southcentral Alaska"
- "Really Nice Once You Get There"
- "Isolated and Small"
- "Town to get away in"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seldovia
- Hotels in Seldovia
- Transportation in Seldovia
- Nightlife in Seldovia
- Restaurants in Seldovia
- Shopping in Seldovia
- Warnings and Dangers in Seldovia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seldovia
- 5 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Seldovia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seldovia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Vallarta Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos
- Anchorage Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Glennallen Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nome Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos
- Denali State Park Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Ninilchik Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Seward Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Punta de Mita Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Arizona Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos