"Gold rush Boom Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Nome by extremist
Nome Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 96 photos
I remember growing up in Nome as a kid and having open space to ride my snowmobile. We'd go fishing in the summer time to Council which is 75 miles NE of Nome accessible by dirt road maintained only in the summer time. And I'd go and drill holes in the ocean to catch King Crab. March is a time for the World Famous Iditarod Dog Sled Race which is 1049 miles and takes a musher 9 days to finish. The winters are long and cold, but the summer time months make up for it, long daylight hours and plenty of wildlife to see, Reindeer, Muskox, Moose, fox, wolves, Salmon and berries are plentiful.Nome
Nome Web Cam
- Pros:Vast open space, historical background
- Cons:Remote, Isolated, fresh produce
- In a nutshell:Come Any time year round
While in Nome, you must do the gold panning, it's fun to do this by yourself and see what you come up with, watching the... more travel advice
extremist's Related Pages
Nome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "There's No Place Like Nome!"
- "Nome, Alaska"
- "Gold rush Boom Town"
- "My mom and son call Nome "Home"!"
- "Small town with a big heart"
- "Skylink's Nome Alaska Page"
- "Nome Sweet Home!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nome
- Hotels in Nome
- Transportation in Nome
- Nightlife in Nome
- Restaurants in Nome
- Shopping in Nome
- Warnings and Dangers in Nome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nome
- 7 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Nome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nome
Photos in NomeSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Vallarta Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos
- Anchorage Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Glennallen Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nome Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos
- Denali State Park Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Ninilchik Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Seward Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Punta de Mita Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Arizona Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos