"What to do when looking for relaxation in Quebec" Sainte-Adèle by feline01
Sainte-Adèle Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 4 photos
My husband and I visited this region while celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary. Naturally, we were looking for romantic things to do like long walks, romantic dinner in front of the fireplace in our chalet etc.. but we never expected to be visiting Canadian bagni. I had no idea what one was until we stopped at our first one in Mont-Tremblant. The bagni our not to be missed. It takes a minimum of 2-3 hours to completely unwind but ideally a full day. The concept is that you first are assigned a locker and then change into your bathing suit. After that, you need to get nice and warm either in the sauna, steam room or heated jacuzzi. After you spend some time getting very warm, you get out and either jump into the cold pool or into the river alongside the bagni. You do this repeatedly with breaks to relax on a chaise lounge with a nice cup of tea or water. You can also have a massage (for additional money). The bagni at Mont-Tremblant was very fancy and very nice but we found this one at sainte-Adele by accident during a drive. This was our favorite. It was more relaxed and less expensive than Mont-Tremblant. And my husband loved the sign outside the sauna requesting that no whipping take place between 11am-3pm. Turns out that some visitors from Russia like to sauna and then beat themselves with sticks.
- Pros:Ahhhhhhh, pure relaxation.
- Cons:We should have spent our whole vacation here.
As I described in my Val David page, the Linear Park is a 200K hiking/biking/cross-country skiing/snowmobiling trail... more travel advice
feline01's Related Pages
Sainte-Adèle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to my Ste. Adele pg."
- "What to do when looking for relaxation in Quebec"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sainte-Adèle
- Hotels in Sainte-Adèle
- Nightlife in Sainte-Adèle
- Restaurants in Sainte-Adèle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sainte-Adèle
- 3 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Sainte-Adèle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sainte-Adèle
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Jersey Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 28 reviews, 26 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 19 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 19 photos
- Turkey Intro, 19 reviews, 15 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 11 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Brooklyn Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos
No friends yet.