"New Paltz -A surprisingly nice place to visit." New Paltz by feline01
New Paltz Travel Guide: 125 reviews and 375 photos
We've been to this place a few times during the past several years. It's one of those destinations that you forget about but when you're near there, you remember how much you liked the place. New Paltz is one of those large towns/small cities that offers alot for all ages but has seemed to attract particularly, the 20-30 age group and outdoor enthusiasts. Its the nearest hub to the Shawangunk Mountaints (The Gunks) which is a great place for mountain biking, climbing, hiking and stuff like that. There are also numerous rivers and streams for tubing, kayaking and swimming. The surrounding areas contain many farms that sell fresh produce to the public instead of the dying crud you find in supermarkets near me. New Paltz has that hippy sort of feel with bright colors, loads of incense and friendly people-not bad for being 90 miles from New York City.
- Pros:In one word, quaint.
- Cons:If you're over 30, you might feel like an old fart.
- In a nutshell:A nice town to visit and to even stay.
We didn't stay here but passed it and looks like a nice, funky hostel. Within walking distance of downtown and the bus... more travel advice
Most people will be arriving by car. It's exit 18 off the NY State Thruway (87). Head west on 299, the town is about 3... more travel advice
feline01's Related Pages
New Paltz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TIE DYE, TREES, BEER, FOOD, WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED"
- "No words to describe New Paltz"
- "New Paltz"
- "Explory this Historical Town"
- "A Day at Mohonk Mountain"
- "New Paltz"
- "New Paltz -A surprisingly nice place to visit."
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Paltz
- Hotels in New Paltz
- Transportation in New Paltz
- Nightlife in New Paltz
- Restaurants in New Paltz
- Shopping in New Paltz
- Warnings and Dangers in New Paltz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Paltz
- 6 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to New Paltz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Paltz
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Jersey Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 28 reviews, 26 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 19 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 19 photos
- Turkey Intro, 19 reviews, 15 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 11 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Brooklyn Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos