"Kingston, The 1st Capital of New York State." Kingston by feline01
Kingston Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 36 photos
Kingston is a historic city located on the west bank of the Hudson River not far from Woodstock and the Catskill Mountains. Part of the city is a bit dumpy. Derelict buildings and unsavory characters hanging about but the Rondout area, near the river has been gentrified and is very pleasant. The downtown area (Stockade district) is quaint as well and pleasant to stroll. Unique covered sidewalks are a great sight to see. Many historic buildings to take a gander at. Kingston has at least 2 dozen pre-revolutionary war stone houses that are still occupied today. Not much for visitors from overseas but considering history in the USA is demolished to build a fast food restaurant or chain store, this is a pretty amazing feat for a city. The photo was taken as the boat was exiting Ronout Creek and entering the Hudson River. Checkout the travelogue for more scenic Kingston pics.
- In a nutshell:Historical and interesting.
Chris and I decide to take a trolley ride offered by the Trolley Museum of NY, 89 East Strand Street, in the Rondout... more travel advice
Rip Van Winkle Hudson River Cruise I'm a sucker for a boat ride and that's why we came to Kingston in the first place. I... more travel advice
feline01's Related Pages
Kingston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A LITTLE CITY WITH A LOT OF CULTURE"
- "Kingston, The 1st Capital of New York State."
- "Kingston, Where the Catskills meet the Hudson"
- "Kingston is conveniently located and historical"
- "Areas outside Kingston"
- "Kingston, NY"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kingston
- 10 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Kingston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kingston
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Jersey Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 28 reviews, 26 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 19 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 19 photos
- Turkey Intro, 19 reviews, 15 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 11 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Brooklyn Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos
No friends yet.