"A tribute to those who were murdered on 9/11." West Orange by feline01
West Orange Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 4 photos
Eagle Rock Reservation is located near Route 280 in West Orange, NJ. Perched atop of a mountain, on clear days, the New York city skyline can be seen in the distance. That view, as we all know, changed dramatically on 9/11/01. New Jersey lost many mothers, fathers, husbands, wives, children and friends on that day at the World Trade Center and this stretch of wall has become a permanent memorial to those who were killed. A local poet has written countless poems about the attack, the towers and the victims. These poems are attached to the wall as well are mementos left by family and friends. It is a somber reminder of those who were unlucky that day and those who were fortunate to see their families once more. This photo was taken on June 30, 2002-our memories have not faded even with rain washing away some people's messages along this wall.
feline01's Related Pages
West Orange Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "West Orange Eagle Rock Reservation"
- "A tribute to those who were murdered on 9/11."
- See All...
Explore the World
- De Bijland Hotels
- Attawan Beach Hotels
- Laguna Cuicocha
- Rhossili Hotels
- Guovdageaidnu / Kautokeino
- Province of Davao del Norte Hotels
- Aloha State Park Hotels
- Saudi Arabia
- Greenwich Hotels
- Torre Pellice
Badges & Stats in West Orange
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to West Orange?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in West Orange
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Jersey Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 28 reviews, 26 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 19 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 19 photos
- Turkey Intro, 19 reviews, 15 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 11 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Brooklyn Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos
No friends yet.