"New Brunswick otherwise known as Why did I pick RU" Top 5 Page for this destination New Brunswick by feline01

New Brunswick Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 69 photos

I grew up in NJ so I have always passed through New Brunswick or stopped in for a quick visit but it wasn't until I did a year of grad school at Rutgers U in New Brunswick that I really got to explore the city. I had to be at class at 5pm and came straight from work so I had to figure out any possible way into the city during rush hour traffic in order to find one parking space amongst several thousand. Sounds easy but believe me, it wasn't. Anyway, I did a bit of exploring and even though I thought Rutgers New Brunswick was a disgrace and shouldn't even call itself a university, I thought New Brunswick was pretty decent. It's a fair size city with a large immigrant population that has created some very interesting neighborhoods. Worth a visit if heading down the NJ Turnpike or visiting Princeton.

• Intro Written Jun 14, 2002

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2004 at 2:50 PM

Both my boyfriend and sister went to Rutgers, so I spent a bunch of time there. I think it's an interesting little town, but I am also happy not to have to make the journey there anymore!

• Andraf's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2004 at 12:27 PM

I lived here for 4 years (went to Rutgers). They were some happy years of my life, so I'll always think fondly of Joisey :-) People there were the nicest I've met, way nicer than California, where I live now.

• mafootje's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2003 at 1:21 PM

The place sounds familiar...can't remember if we have been there....

feline01

“Love life? Go vegan.”

Badges & Stats in New Brunswick

Have you been to New Brunswick?

Friends