"Montclair-Where Art and Funk is Affordable." Montclair by feline01
Montclair Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 17 photos
I like this city. I went to undergraduate university next door in Upper Montclair and over the years, have spent many pleasant afternoons in downtown Montclair. It's locations is great, about 15 miles from New York City and many commuters use this as their home base. However, Montclair has a strong art culture itself. There are many galleries, several great bookshops, a few movie theaters that show foreign/independent films usually only available in NYC and many decent restaurants. It's a city that has seemed to successfully incorporate all ethnicities and income levels so that it doesn't feel like a traditional rich white-bread region. Many famous people live in Montclair and Upper Montclair so if you're star-struck, it's a decent place to wander. Some neighborhoods are dicier than others so utilize my usual urban warnings. Don't drive with doors unlocked, don't flash that you're a tourist and be careful walking around at night.
- Pros:Great restaurants, great culture, pedestrian friendly.
- Cons:Parking can be a challenge on weekends.
- In a nutshell:One of my favorite NJ cities.
This is a small bakery serving organic, fresh-baked goods that are fantastic. The staff is extremely helpful. There are... more travel advice
If you're a child of the 1960's-70's, this place is it. Has all sorts of nostalgia along the walls including classic... more travel advice
feline01's Related Pages
Montclair Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Montclair-Where Art and Funk is Affordable."
- "Living in Montclair"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montclair
- Transportation in Montclair
- Nightlife in Montclair
- Restaurants in Montclair
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montclair
- 7 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Montclair?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montclair
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Jersey Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 28 reviews, 26 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 19 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 19 photos
- Turkey Intro, 19 reviews, 15 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 11 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Brooklyn Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos