"Suburban NJ at its best (or worst-depends on day)" Cranford by feline01
Cranford Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 3 photos
Above is the house I grew up in and lived from age 0 to age 17 when I left for college. Cranford was and is a typical suburban town. I'm not going to bore you with the history especially since I don't really know it but it's main purpose seems to provide upper-midde class families to rich families an opportunity for their children to attend good schools while the parents work at white-collar jobs in New York City and the surrounding environs. Unfortunately, my parents were one of the town's few lower-middle class to poorer families who bought in when it was still affordable. Downtown Cranford is a nice little place to visit with a great coffee shop, Cafe Rock and the Rahway River meanders through the town. I actually saw a bit of downtown Cranford in the movie, Far From Heaven with Julianne Moore and Dennis Quaid. Not surprising, a rich town needs ways to bring in more money!
Of course, the Rahway River is a toxic waste dump but it looks pretty. You can even canoe or kayak it if you're daring. Just try not to stare too hard at that sh*t-brown water, gets a bit skeevy.
Cranford's greatest assets are its accessibility to New York City by car, bus or train and it's relatively low crime rate. And of course, me!
- Pros:Cute town near NYC.
Downtown Cranford is a really cute place to visit with small shops. It sure beats having to go to a shopping... more travel advice
Regularly serviced by the 113 bus from Port Authority, New York City or the 59 bus to Newark, NJ and the Raritan Valley... more travel advice
feline01's Related Pages
Cranford Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Cranford
- 4 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Cranford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cranford
- Posted in Travel Chicago Forum "Re: My first child-free trip..."
- updated a Cranford Travel Page "Suburban NJ at its best (or worst-depends on day)"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Suburban NJ at its best (or worst-depends on day)"
Wrote a Review Are you serious?
You can... in Cranford Nightlife
- Commented on one of deadites's Cranford travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Jersey Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 28 reviews, 26 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 19 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 19 photos
- Turkey Intro, 19 reviews, 15 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 11 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Brooklyn Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos
No friends yet.