"Looking for a nice NJ shore experience?" Belmar by feline01
Belmar Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 12 photos
Belmar is a nice traditional NJ shore town. The beach is good, it is part of the pro-beach volleyball tour and it has loads of charm. It's not as fast-paced as places like Seaside Heights or Wildwood but if you're looking for a quieter NJ shore experience, this is the place to come. Belmar has a "real" town feeling since many of the residents live there year-round, not just summer visitors. If you've seen some of my other NJ shore pages, you probably know by now that crowds are not my ideal so the great majority of my Belmar visits occur from September through May. That means not much ocean swimming but does mean very relaxing walks along the boardwalk, long cups of tea/coffee and games of backgammon at the Be Green coffee bar on the boardwalk and free parking!! I find the grey days at the beach just as beautiful as the sunny days: the waves still roll, the seagulls screech and that salty smell is in the air. And I don't have to push my way through several hundred people just to locate a place to sit.
- Pros:It's the beach!!
- Cons:Way too crowded during the summer
- In a nutshell:Best of NJ shore without frills.
This is a great state park that contains all the routine park offerings like picnic tables, trails, nature center and... more travel advice
This was my first overnight, alone, no husband or children in over 2 years. I was looking forwards to rest and... more travel advice
feline01's Related Pages
Belmar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Looking for a nice NJ shore experience?"
- "Wall Township - History for the World to Hear"
- "Belmarcam's new Belmar Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belmar
- Hotels in Belmar
- Transportation in Belmar
- Restaurants in Belmar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belmar
- 5 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Belmar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belmar
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Jersey Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 28 reviews, 26 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 19 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 19 photos
- Turkey Intro, 19 reviews, 15 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 11 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Brooklyn Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos
No friends yet.