"Mendocino-A little bit of Maine on the West Coast" Mendocino by feline01

Mendocino Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 167 photos

I didn't learn until I found VT that Mendocino was the town the played Cabot Cove, ME on the show, Murder She Wrote. Didn't surprise me since the town seemed very New Englandish. This was a great place to stop for lunch during our 15-hour excursion from San Francisco. The Pacific Coast Highway (Route 1) is one of the most beautiful stretches of road that I have ever been on. We had been driving for about 5 hours when we finally pulled into Mendocino. What a relief! I didn't know what to expect and it turned out to be a charming town incorporating a collection of over-priced B&B's/restaurants and reasonable, down-to-earth places. The tourists who visited this town appeared to fit a similar role. We saw loads of Harley dudes and biker babes riding alongside Muffy & Skip in their Jaguars & assorted convertibles. We pull up in our Buick rental car, find a space on Main Street facing the cliffs and ocean, and head to lunch. We didn't linger long here, just had lunch and then strolled Main Street and the park that begins on Main Street and heads down to the beachfront. Lovely place.

• Intro Written Aug 6, 2002

Comments

feline01

“Love life? Go vegan.”

Badges & Stats in Mendocino

Have you been to Mendocino?

Friends