"California Dude" California by feline01
California Travel Guide: 45,301 reviews and 106,267 photos
I've always wanted to visit San Francisco and the Napa Valley and surrounding areas. We stayed in San Francisco but drove all over the Napa Valley up past Fort Bragg and down the coast back to SF. It was an amazing drive. Passing through towns that still only had a population of 200 or so-I didn't know they still existed. Well worth the exhaustion at the end of the day. The drive along Route 1 north of San Francisco up past Mendocino and Fort Bragg was one of the most beautiful drives I have ever taken. There was so much beauty, I forgot to take photos. This is one of the few photos I have of the coast and it isn't even the prettiest, we were just tired and stopped here for a rest.
- Pros:Natural beauty abounds.
- Cons:Be prepared for long drives with no place to stop along the way.
- In a nutshell:North of San Franscisco is a peaceful oasis of wooded and/or aquatic beauty.
Leggett, CA-As we were driving along beautiful Route 1, it merged into Route 101 at Leggett, population 200. And we saw... more travel advice
feline01's Related Pages
California Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CALIFORNIA ~ It's not about the glam, but nature!"
- "California - What More Do I Need To Say?"
- "Always on My Mind....California"
- "Our awesome trip to California summer of 2004"
- "The Regions of California"
- "GOLDEN STATE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in California
- Hotels in California
- Transportation in California
- Nightlife in California
- Restaurants in California
- Shopping in California
- Warnings and Dangers in California
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in California
- 22 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to California?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in California
- Posted in Travel Chicago Forum "Re: My first child-free trip..."
- updated a California Travel Page "California Dude"
- Uploaded a Photo to "California Dude"
- Wrote a Review Leggett, CA-As we were driving... about Giant Redwoods in California Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of LizC's California travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Jersey Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 28 reviews, 26 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 19 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 19 photos
- Turkey Intro, 19 reviews, 15 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 11 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Brooklyn Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos
No friends yet.
Top California hotels
- San Francisco Hotels
- 9083 Reviews - 19112 Photos
- Los Angeles Hotels
- 4336 Reviews - 8580 Photos
- San Diego Hotels
- 3050 Reviews - 6642 Photos
- Anaheim Hotels
- 702 Reviews - 1934 Photos
- Santa Barbara Hotels
- 647 Reviews - 1200 Photos
- Monterey Hotels
- 909 Reviews - 2715 Photos
- Santa Monica Hotels
- 476 Reviews - 1051 Photos
- Palm Springs Hotels
- 345 Reviews - 758 Photos
- Carmel-by-the-Sea Hotels
- 378 Reviews - 1052 Photos
- Napa Hotels
- 419 Reviews - 1142 Photos
- Marina del Rey Hotels
- 97 Reviews - 176 Photos
- Yosemite National Park Hotels
- 1486 Reviews - 3370 Photos
- Hollywood Hotels
- 431 Reviews - 1249 Photos
- Carlsbad Hotels
- 180 Reviews - 328 Photos
- Santa Cruz Hotels
- 284 Reviews - 635 Photos