"Helsinki (It's not stinky!)" Helsinki by feline01

Helsinki Travel Guide: 3,769 reviews and 7,696 photos

First of all, let me apologize now for that horrible rhyme! Now on to my thoughts about Helsinki..

My first thoughts on Helsinki can't be printed here. We get to the campsite after a long drive through Finland and there is a caravan convention at the campsite filled with hundreds of drunken Finns, mostly men. I'm sure not all Finns were like them but they were some of the most obnoxious, randy drunks that I have ever come across. Thankfully, Helsinki was not like those louts at the campsite. It was genteel and the buildings glowed with pastel-coloring. The Russian influences were seen everywhere especially in the architecture. I only spent a few days here before heading to Leningrad or St. Petersburg as it is now known but eliminate the drunken Finns and Helsinki was a really nice place.

• Intro Updated Sep 3, 2003

• Jul 8, 2003 at 4:30 PM

I dont want to complain but that picture of yours is not helsinki city hall. The white building you can see in the picture is the main lutherian church of helsinki. It's called "tuomiokirkko" in finnish.

• mauro_pd's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2002 at 5:56 AM

it`s in my long term plan to be there

• Mandy23's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2002 at 7:43 AM

would like to visit the city one day

• PFerreira's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2002 at 10:33 AM

looks great - Nice photos

feline01

“Love life? Go vegan.”

Badges & Stats in Helsinki

Have you been to Helsinki?

Latest Activity in Helsinki