"Helsinki (It's not stinky!)" Helsinki by feline01
Helsinki Travel Guide: 3,798 reviews and 7,819 photos
First of all, let me apologize now for that horrible rhyme! Now on to my thoughts about Helsinki..
My first thoughts on Helsinki can't be printed here. We get to the campsite after a long drive through Finland and there is a caravan convention at the campsite filled with hundreds of drunken Finns, mostly men. I'm sure not all Finns were like them but they were some of the most obnoxious, randy drunks that I have ever come across. Thankfully, Helsinki was not like those louts at the campsite. It was genteel and the buildings glowed with pastel-coloring. The Russian influences were seen everywhere especially in the architecture. I only spent a few days here before heading to Leningrad or St. Petersburg as it is now known but eliminate the drunken Finns and Helsinki was a really nice place.
feline01's Related Pages
Helsinki Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Home"
- "Helsinki - bears, skaters and religion"
- "Where Slavic charm & Nordic simplicity meet"
- "19/1 Just returned from Helsinki"
- "Helsinki at your service"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Helsinki
- Hotels in Helsinki
- Transportation in Helsinki
- Nightlife in Helsinki
- Restaurants in Helsinki
- Shopping in Helsinki
- Warnings and Dangers in Helsinki
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Helsinki
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Helsinki?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Helsinki
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Jersey Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 28 reviews, 26 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 19 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 19 photos
- Turkey Intro, 19 reviews, 15 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 11 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Brooklyn Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos