"What to do in Hammerfest? I'm still not sure." Hammerfest by feline01
Hammerfest Travel Guide: 95 reviews and 350 photos
Why do people go to Hammerfest? To say that they've been there. Northern most city in the world, at least it was when I visited. Not much to do except join the Polar Bear Club (take a dunk in the Arctic Ocean) or drink. I'm not stupid, didn't see any reason why I would want to put my buttocks into that freezing cold water and we did the drinking thing, all night long.
Didn't see any polar bears which explains why I am able to stand so calmly in this photo. Did see seals and puffins, always a treat. And the campsite was great, heated cabins overlooking the Arctic Ocean. No tents here, the ground is too hard to hammer in the stakes.
feline01's Related Pages
Hammerfest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The northenmost city in the world!?"
- "The northernmost town in the world"
- "70 degrees north"
- "Knoto's new Hammerfest Page"
- "Welcome to HAMMERFEST"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hammerfest
- Hotels in Hammerfest
- Transportation in Hammerfest
- Nightlife in Hammerfest
- Restaurants in Hammerfest
- Shopping in Hammerfest
- Warnings and Dangers in Hammerfest
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hammerfest
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Hammerfest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hammerfest
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Jersey Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 28 reviews, 26 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 19 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 19 photos
- Turkey Intro, 19 reviews, 15 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 11 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Brooklyn Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos
No friends yet.