"Berlin Before the Wall Came Tumbling Down.." Berlin by feline01
Berlin Travel Guide: 6,986 reviews and 15,843 photos
Nothing is all bad and Berlin was a great example of this. The city was devastated emotionally and physically during WWII. The distribution of Berlin into the 4 zones: Russia, USA, Britain + East Berlin must have been a confusing period in this city's long history but Berliners survived. Buildings and families were torn apart and hundreds of people risked their lives just to cross into West Berlin to alleged freedom. The Berlin Wall was the ultimate symbol of this divide. Memories of the suffering of its residents were everywhere but so was the evidence that life can be good. We visited East Berlin during our stay there and found people laughing, eating drinking, working and basically, living life to its fullest. A wall couldn't tell Berliners that they were not one and the same.
Amazing when a city in a particular country has signs telling you that you have left another country's section of that... more travel advice
feline01's Related Pages
Berlin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More than the capital of Germany"
- "Berlin, Berlin - wir fahren nach Berlin!"
- "Berlin in my way"
- "Wunderbar Berlin"
- "Berlin - the whole world in one town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Berlin
- Hotels in Berlin
- Transportation in Berlin
- Nightlife in Berlin
- Restaurants in Berlin
- Shopping in Berlin
- Warnings and Dangers in Berlin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Berlin
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Berlin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Berlin
- Posted in Travel Chicago Forum "Re: My first child-free trip..."
- updated a Berlin Travel Page "Berlin Before the Wall Came Tumbling Down.."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Berlin Before the Wall Came Tumbling Down.."
- Wrote a Review Amazing when a city in a... about History - Cold War in Berlin Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of Mandy23's Berlin travel pages
Photos in BerlinSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Jersey Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 28 reviews, 26 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 19 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 19 photos
- Turkey Intro, 19 reviews, 15 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 11 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Brooklyn Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos