"Surfing and snorkelling anyone?" Hikkaduwa by alycat
Hikkaduwa Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 71 photos
Located 98 km south of Colombo, Hikkaduwa is one of the most popular beach resorts of Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka's only marine sanctuary is located here. It is an ideal place for nature lovers with its abundant corals and tropical fishes. Hikkaduwa has something to offer to everyone-coral for snorkellers, waves for surfers and white pristine beaches for those who want to relax and enjoy Sun and sand.
- Pros:A lively and active beach town
- Cons:Too touristy
- In a nutshell:Home to Marine Sanctuary, not to be missed
Poseidon Diving Station has a 12 room hotel. The rooms are divided into new upstairs and original downstairs rooms.... more travel advice
alycat's Related Pages
Hikkaduwa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Surfing - No swimming here!"
- "Surfing and snorkelling anyone?"
- "Hikkaduwa 2006"
- "Happening beach of Srilanka"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hikkaduwa
- Hotels in Hikkaduwa
- Transportation in Hikkaduwa
- Nightlife in Hikkaduwa
- Restaurants in Hikkaduwa
- Warnings and Dangers in Hikkaduwa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hikkaduwa
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Hikkaduwa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hikkaduwa
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 53 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hyderabad Intro, 58 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 34 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 38 photos
- Delhi Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alappuzha Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos
- Kandy Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Galle Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pondicherry Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos