"Ieeiii..Hoo...Beach" Top 5 Page for this destination Unawatuna by alycat
Unawatuna Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 150 photos
Unawatuna beach is a six-hour cab ride from the airport and is located at the bottom of Sri Lanka. Its a tough ride if you are coming here straight from the airport. However, once you arrive here, you realize the hassel was worth it. Unawatuna beach is a lil away from the busy main road. You wont find any luxury hotels but the guesthouses are small and friendly, and fit in well with the surroundings. Lots of peace and quiet, comfortable and clean accomodation, a good variety of eating places and of course; the beach.
You have access to the beach from most guesthouses. The beach doesn't get very busy, and local life goes on around you, and then you strip off and cut into the lively blue ocean.....sweet joy.
- Pros:Nature - Unlimited
- Cons:Jus hang near the beach
Unlike Hikkaduwa, Tuna isnt a surfers beach though it is possible, but there are hidden rocks. Most surfers gather at... more travel advice
The guys at Full moon resort saved this monkey during the Tsunami, and he is a hit here. Watch him do all the monkey... more travel advice
alycat's Related Pages
Unawatuna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An ideal location to relax at"
- "Not really my kind of place."
- "Beach time!"
- "The best beach in the world?"
- "One of the worlds best beaches?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Unawatuna
- Hotels in Unawatuna
- Transportation in Unawatuna
- Nightlife in Unawatuna
- Restaurants in Unawatuna
- Shopping in Unawatuna
- Warnings and Dangers in Unawatuna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Unawatuna
- 11 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Unawatuna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Unawatuna
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 53 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hyderabad Intro, 58 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 34 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 38 photos
- Delhi Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alappuzha Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos
- Kandy Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Galle Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pondicherry Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos