"Kannur" Cannanore by alycat
Cannanore Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 35 photos
Cannanore or Kannur isnt high on most of tourists map of Kerala. It has a valid reason though, its mostly a commercial region without much to offer in terms of a getaway. But amazingly, as is every bit of Kerala, this place has amazing natural beauty. The point is Kannur isnt any less beautiful than the rest of Kerala, but the reason why tourists don't come here in droves is cos this has always been a region for commercial activity by virtue of it being a port city.
Kannur is also known by its portuguese name of Cannanore, which is still commonly used. It is also supposed to be one of the ten best cities in India to live, in terms of health, education, environment, safety, public facilities and entertainment.
I was here purely for business, but the thing about Kerala is that it is so captivating, every inch of it, that you just can't help marvel at the beauty of this region. It has great places around town and close by to have a good relaxed holiday.
- Pros:Great to spend a quite weekend
- Cons:Not much in terms of tourist accomodation and transport
The Payyambalam beach is a beautiful beach, an ideal place to spend evenings, irrespepctive of seasons. There was a... more travel advice
Any traveler will tell that nothing beats the experience of staying in a place with a native person. The insight and... more travel advice
alycat's Related Pages
Cannanore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The perfect base to find a theyyam ritual"
- "Kannur (Cannanore)"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cannanore
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Cannanore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cannanore
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 53 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hyderabad Intro, 58 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 34 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 38 photos
- Delhi Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alappuzha Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos
- Kandy Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Galle Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pondicherry Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos