"I LOVE HYDERABAD" Top 5 Page for this destination Hyderabad by alycat
Hyderabad Travel Guide: 368 reviews and 599 photos
Hyderabad is one of the most rapidly growing cities and is currently the fifth largest city in India. The IT hub in Southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh is easily accessible. Regular flights, frequent trains and the excellent road network make Hyderabad a great travel destination.
Once home to the richest man in the world, The Nizam, the princely state of Hyderabad is trying hard to retain some of the old charm, manners, etiquettes, and culture that once defined the people here. In this fast changing geographical scenario hyderabadi's are in a race to catch up with the world n fast.
Some moan in quite numbers about the erosion of sublte culture while some go about showing off their language and culture. But an Hyderabadi sure knows how to take it easy. For me well, this is my Paris, NY and my London, I wouldnt trade it for anything in the world.
They are ways of living n enjoyin life, and then there is the Hyderabadi style of living, the way it was meant to be. Its famous and copied all over south asia. The best part in here is that almost all the people u meet here will be Nawabs (prince) or they will act like one or atleast be related in some way to the royal family of yore. Autodrivers, rickshaw pullers, pan shop vendor, watchman, students, officegoers, Govt. employees, doctors, managers.......... oh the list goes on. All of them are Nawabs in their own right. Thats the beauty of it all, that sense of senseless achievement, of being nothing, that arrogance, that feelin that u belong to an era that's so enchanting, so grand, so much powerful, so independent and laidback. The feeling of being a Hyderabadi............
Ek tuuti hui zanjeer ki fariyaad hai hum
aur duniyaa ye samajhatii hai ke aazaad hai hum
Kyon hamen log samajhate hai yahaan paradesii
ik muddat se isi shahar me aabaad hai hum
Kahan kaa tark-e-vatan kahan ki hijarat baaba
isi dhartii ki isi desh ki aulaad hai hum
Hum bhi taamiir-e-vatan me.n hai baraabar ke shariik
dar-o-diivaar agar tum ho to buniyaad hai hum
ham ko is daur-e-taraqqii ne diyaa kyaa "Meraj"
kal bhi barbaad the aur aaj bhii barbaad hai hum
- Pros:Make a Hyderabadi friend n see the change n urself
- Cons:None if u wanna be irresponsible, careless n all that....
- In a nutshell:YoU WIll gET AdDIccTed To tHe fOOd aND tHe aTTiTude
The opening of IMAX theater in Hyderabad marks an evolution in movie watching. Long awaited in this city where movies... more travel advice
- See All Sizzling sizzler
- See All US Consulate in Hyderabad
- See All What do you have in mind?
- See All The Nawabs are getting sporty!!
- See All The locals
alycat's Related Pages
Hyderabad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hyderabad Hazir Hai!presenting the city of Hyd"
- "I LOVE HYDERABAD"
- "Hyderabad: Of Pearls & Biryani"
- "Hyderabad - MY Home Town"
- "Hyderabad: A City rich In History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hyderabad
- Hotels in Hyderabad
- Transportation in Hyderabad
- Nightlife in Hyderabad
- Restaurants in Hyderabad
- Shopping in Hyderabad
- Warnings and Dangers in Hyderabad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hyderabad
- 58 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 21 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Hyderabad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hyderabad
- updated a Hyderabad Travelogue "New Year's Eve"
- Posted in Travel Vancouver Forum "Re: Car or local transport"
- Commented on one of Donna_in_India's Hyderabad travel pages
- Wrote a Review Sizzling sizzler about Food for an international palate in Hyderabad Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "VT meet in Hyderabad in February"
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 53 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hyderabad Intro, 58 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 34 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 38 photos
- Delhi Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alappuzha Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos
- Kandy Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Galle Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pondicherry Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos