"Lazy, unpretentious!" Mangalore by alycat
Mangalore Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 54 photos
Old world charm with narrow lined streets, breezy coconut trees, small gable-roofed houses, serene beaches, temples and mosques, the aroma of spicy coconut curries.... Mangalore is a city of vivid contrasts. Unfolding an enchantment that never ends. Mangalore is formed by the convergence of the rivers Netravathi and Gurupur and derives its name from the presiding deity Mangladevi. It is growing as a major commercial hub with a splash of an old-world charm.
- Pros:Laid back, coastal delight, and a terrific beach
- In a nutshell:I'd like to retire in such a town
alycat's Related Pages
Mangalore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bustling Mangalore"
- "Lazy, unpretentious!"
- "Coastal Karnataka"
- "Mengaluru, the birth place of Saraswat Brahmins"
- "Sea on one side and river on other side of road"
- "Udpi Sri Krishn"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mangalore
- Hotels in Mangalore
- Transportation in Mangalore
- Restaurants in Mangalore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mangalore
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Mangalore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mangalore
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 53 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hyderabad Intro, 58 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 34 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 38 photos
- Delhi Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alappuzha Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos
- Kandy Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Galle Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pondicherry Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos