"firstname.lastname@example.org" Top 5 Page for this destination Pondicherry by alycat
Pondicherry Travel Guide: 192 reviews and 450 photos
The inherent ambience of Pondy, as it is fondly called, becomes most evident in the oldest part of the town which flanks the seashore boulevard. Colonial buildings, some which trace back to the 18th century, line along a grid of straight clean streets and house the French institutions, private homes and businesses, and the sprawling premises of the famous Sri Aurobindo Ashram. The visitor is greeted by mellow colours of cream, yellow, pink and grey with flamboyant bougainvillae bursting over gates and compound walls of cool courtyards.
- Pros:Lovely beach town
- Cons:Crowded, not much activity other than the beach
Any town or city with a beach has a history of people/sailors and invaders from far off places coming to its shores,... more travel advice
We stayed at the Banyan Tree resort and they had a busy restro, and though we did not eat any of our meals, it looked... more travel advice
alycat's Related Pages
Pondicherry Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pondicherry: Relaxing & Charming"
- "Pondicherry - Just nice!!!"
- "Pondy- Serene and beautiful!"
- "Pondicherry - India's French Connection"
- "Pondicherry - The French Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pondicherry
- Hotels in Pondicherry
- Transportation in Pondicherry
- Nightlife in Pondicherry
- Restaurants in Pondicherry
- Shopping in Pondicherry
- Warnings and Dangers in Pondicherry
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pondicherry
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Pondicherry?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pondicherry
Photos in PondicherrySee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 53 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hyderabad Intro, 58 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 34 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 38 photos
- Delhi Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alappuzha Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos
- Kandy Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Galle Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pondicherry Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos