"Hart of Friuli Venezia Giulia" Udine by pginer
Udine Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 225 photos
Udine was a fortified settlement from the Iron Age and for centuries a market town. From 1420 it was part of the Republic of Venize.
But Friguli was occupated by Napoleon in 1797 and these lands were surrended to Austria in the Campoformido treaty.
The Hapsburgs managed Udine until 1866 when it was annexated to the Kingdom of Italy.
Therefore, you will find in he city the winged-lion from Venize and some kind of Austriac environment walking by the streets.
There is a special menu on Friday dedicated to a one tipe of food each Friday. Very original and really good! more travel advice
It is one of the busiest part of town. With porticoes and a fountain. Good to stop and have a beer more travel advice
pginer's Related Pages
Udine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Udine: between Venezia and Wien"
- "Henrik's Udine-page"
- "Hart of Friuli Venezia Giulia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Udine
- Hotels in Udine
- Transportation in Udine
- Nightlife in Udine
- Restaurants in Udine
- Shopping in Udine
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Udine
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Udine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Udine
Photos in UdineSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Valencia Intro, 39 reviews, 75 photos, 7 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 24 reviews, 22 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Região Autónoma dos Açores Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 10 reviews, 26 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos
- Rome Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 16 reviews, 14 photos
- Morocco Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos