"A Lifetime in London" London by phil_uk_net
London Travel Guide: 25,113 reviews and 56,280 photos
The statue of Queen Boudicea can be found on the north-east corner of Westminster Bridge. She ruled the Iceni tribe and in 61 A.D. led a revolt against the Romans who occupied Britain at the time.
So much has been written about London that it was difficult to know where to start with this page. There are hundreds of guide books available as well as reams of information on-line, including some very good pages here on VT.
I think all I can do is tell you about some of the places I have experienced in the 40 something years that I have worked and lived in and around London. I hope you enjoy reading my pages but even more, I hope that you actually find them useful when you make that trip to London.
There seems to be a standing joke on VT that every London page starts with a picture of Big Ben. But did you know that Big Ben has a little brother? Find out where it is on my 'Off The Beaten Path' page.
I am fortunate to have worked at one time for a generous employer in London where dining out after work was a common occurrence. Eating out is also something I very much enjoy in my own time. You will therefore find a number of suggestions in my 'Restaurants' page.
London once had an appalling reputation for food but that is not the case these days. Every type of cuisine imaginable is available, and for all budgets. I have included several budget restaurants in an attempt to dispel the myth that it is not possible to eat cheaply in London. But I have also included some up-market places that you may wish to consider for those special occasions or just to treat yourself.
- Pros:Enough things to do and see to fill a lifetime
- Cons:Can be expensive
- In a nutshell:Despite its shortcomings still one of the world's greatest cities
Saturday afternoon. I'm feeling tired after a late night and start to take an afternoon nap. The phone rings. Oh no, it... more travel advice
There are people here who follow the Royal Family around to cheer and wave flags. I don't but I have experienced a few... more travel advice
- See All Uptown Reservations
- See All Bike Taxi
- See All Motor Books - books for petrolheads
- See All The Monument
- See All The Grapes public house
phil_uk_net's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- "London, the capital of England"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 176 Reviews
- 174 Photos
- 57 Forum posts
- 109 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
- Posted in Travel Liuzhou Forum "Re: Re: Liuzhou - what's it like?"
- Commented on one of Wanderboy43's London travel pages
- Wrote a Review Mini VT meeting 6th September 2003 about Eating, Drinking and socialising in London Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mini VT meeting 6th September 2003"
- updated a London Travel Page "A Lifetime in London"
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (174)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 176 reviews, 174 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 104 reviews, 135 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 99 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 40 reviews, 73 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Langkawi Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 52 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Lak Intro, 40 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Town Intro, 40 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melaka Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos