"Paris" Paris by phil_uk_net
Paris Travel Guide: 22,459 reviews and 54,962 photos
The following is by Samuel Johnson from 'Einstein on the Beach'
When considering the best liked cities on earth, Paris looms large among them. Paris is one of the world's greatest tourist attractions. And not without reason, for Paris has much to offer. Paris does not have a multiplicity of skyscrapers like New York, but it has much beauty and elegance. And Paris has an illustrious background of history.
In Paris there is a number of young men who are very beautiful, very charming, and very lovable. Paris is called "the city of lights". But these young men who are very beautiful, very charming, and very lovable, prefer the darkness for their social activities.
One of the most beautiful streets of Paris is called Les Champs-Elysées, which means the Elysian Fields. It is very broad, bordered with trees, and very pleasant to look at.
One of the most beautiful things of Paris is a lady. She is not too broad, bordered with smiles, and very, very, very pleasant to look at. When a gentleman contemplates a lady of Paris, the gentleman is apt to exclaim : "oo la la", for the ladies of Paris are very charming. And the ladies of Paris are dedicated to the classic declaration, expressed in the words : "L'amour, toujours l'amour !"
A Russian man once said that the eyes of a Paris lady are as intoxicating as good wine, and that her burning kisses are capable of melting the gold in a man's teeth.
In Germany, in Italy, in Congo, in China, and in the United states, there are men who say : "If you've never been kissed by a lady of Paris, you've never been kissed at all."
I went to Paris for the first time in January 1989 with my girlfriend at the time, an American.
My second, and last visit, was in August 1997. I was there the weekend of Princess Diana's funeral and it felt strange being in the place where whe had lost her life the previous week.
It is a fabulous city, very romantic. I felt more comfortable there with a girlfriend than a male cousin!
- Pros:Wonderful buildings, bridges and atmosphere
- Cons:Expensive beer
- In a nutshell:One of the great cities
phil_uk_net's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 176 reviews, 174 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 104 reviews, 135 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 99 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 40 reviews, 73 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Langkawi Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 52 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Lak Intro, 40 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Town Intro, 40 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melaka Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
Latest Paris hotel reviews
- Woodstock Hostel
- 87 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Novotel Paris Gare De Lyon
- 428 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Nord Hotel
- 91 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 29, 2013
- L'Hotel de la Folie Mericourt
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013
- Le Bervic Montmartre
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 17, 2013
- Hotel Recamier Paris
- 120 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Hotel D Aubusson
- 495 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Hotel de France Invalides
- 109 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Mercure Fontenay sous Bois Paris
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Hotel le Loiret
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Comfort Hotel Gare de l'Est
- 82 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Hotel Saint Michel (Grand) Located In Left Bank
- 314 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Royal Phare Hotel
- 158 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013
- Hotel Median Roissy CDG Airport
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 23, 2013
- Hotel Terminus Lyon
- 157 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013