"Songkhla" Top 5 Page for this destination Songkhla by phil_uk_net
Songkhla Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 123 photos
Songkhla is a big provincial town/city near Hat Yai but doesn't have a lot to draw tourists and is not strategically located as a staging post, as is Hat Yai. It seems to have a lot of big schools and consequently there are thousands of students milling around on their way to and from school. There also appear to be quite a few government buildings.
I also believe there is something of an oil industry in the area, having spotted a number of drilling rigs and a Halliburton office. This probably means there are expats around involved in the oil business.
There is a beach and although it is nice to see some sand and hear the sea it is nowhere near as nice as the beaches on Thailand's islands. A day trip might be of some interest if you are spending time in Hat Yai.
- Pros:There is a beach - of sorts
- Cons:Very little for tourists and dull at night
- In a nutshell:OK for a quick look but not worth spending much time in
I'm more of a cat person than a dog person but I felt sorry for this little fellow. There are stray dogs everywhere in... more travel advice
phil_uk_net's Related Pages
Songkhla Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Peaceful Songkhla"
- "Songkhkla Town - Modest Town"
- "On the East coast of Southern Thailand"
- "One day trip to Songkhla"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Songkhla
- Hotels in Songkhla
- Transportation in Songkhla
- Nightlife in Songkhla
- Restaurants in Songkhla
- Shopping in Songkhla
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Songkhla
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Songkhla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Songkhla
Photos in SongkhlaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 176 reviews, 174 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 104 reviews, 135 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 99 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 40 reviews, 73 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Langkawi Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 52 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Lak Intro, 40 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Town Intro, 40 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melaka Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos