"Koh Tao" Ko Tao by phil_uk_net
Ko Tao Travel Guide: 218 reviews and 524 photos
I had heard a lot about Koh Tao being a good dive location. Upon arriving it looked like an idyllic tropical island. However, I was not impressed after getting there. There are a lot of backpackers and it seemed that the majority of them have a bad attitude. Many of them look identical with the same bandanas, tattoos and piercings. They seem to think they are a 'cooler' than anyone else on the planet and just stare. They have no conversation skills and their evening entertainment consists of watching videos. There is also a large farang population on Koh Tao working in dive shops. Some of these folks were friendly but a lot were arrogant and could only talk about how little weight or how little air they use.
I spent 3 nights there and couldn't wait to leave. One highlight was going for a swim in Rocky Bay which is really nice.
Hat Sai Ri beach.
- Pros:Cheap diving
- Cons:Overcrowded dive sites, unfriendly, mosquito infested
- In a nutshell:I didn't like it at all
Koh Tao has lots of budget, backpacker-type accommodation. Many bungalows are tied to dive shops. What you may find is... more travel advice
Women work hard in Asia. At construction sites it is not unusual to see several women toiling away beside the men... more travel advice
phil_uk_net's Related Pages
Ko Tao Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Otherwise known as 'Heaven on Earth'"
- "It is all they said it was."
- "Ko Tao - Turtle Island"
- "No Kow Towing In Koh Tao"
- "Koh Tao"
- "Koh Tao"
- "Welcome to Turtle Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ko Tao
- Hotels in Ko Tao
- Transportation in Ko Tao
- Nightlife in Ko Tao
- Restaurants in Ko Tao
- Shopping in Ko Tao
- Warnings and Dangers in Ko Tao
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ko Tao
- 11 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Ko Tao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ko Tao
Photos in Ko TaoSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 176 reviews, 174 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 104 reviews, 135 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 99 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 40 reviews, 73 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Langkawi Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 52 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Lak Intro, 40 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Town Intro, 40 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melaka Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos