"George Town, Penang" Top 5 Page for this destination George Town by phil_uk_net
George Town Travel Guide: 214 reviews and 588 photos
I really liked George Town, where I stayed for a few days while travelling from KL to Langkawi.
I expect at one time Singapore looked similar before they started pulling down the old houses.
A lot of the buildings are probably the same as they were 40 or 50 years ago, apart from the fact they have aged of course. Classic Chinese architecture with '5-foot ways' and shutters on the windows.
The population appear to be mainly Chinese but there are also Indian and Muslim areas.
India features highly in the ethnic mix of Malaysia. Around Georgetown are several Indian temples, restaurants and a large Indian population
- Pros:Lots of original buildings and still fairly unspoilt
- Cons:Limited stuff to do if you're there for more than a few days
- In a nutshell:An interesting place to stay for a few days
Not a tip, just a picture. I've covered the Indians and Chinese. Here is a Mosque for the Muslim community of Penang. more travel advice
My friend Raymond and his gang of young, nubile models. Some guys have all the luck. more travel advice
phil_uk_net's Related Pages
George Town Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Georgetown / Penang"
- "Georgetown - Penang"
- "New UNESCO WHS : George Town (Tanjung)"
- "My little home in Malaysia."
- "George Town, Penang"
- "Chinese influence is eatable"
- "Home Sweet Home - George Town, Penang"
- See All...
- Things to Do in George Town
- Hotels in George Town
- Transportation in George Town
- Nightlife in George Town
- Restaurants in George Town
- Shopping in George Town
- Warnings and Dangers in George Town
- See All...
Badges & Stats in George Town
- 40 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to George Town?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in George Town
Photos in George TownSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 176 reviews, 174 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 104 reviews, 135 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 99 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 40 reviews, 73 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Langkawi Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 52 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Lak Intro, 40 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Town Intro, 40 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melaka Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos