"Georgian Baywatch" Top 5 Page for this destination Collingwood by yooperprof
Collingwood Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 98 photos
Yes, let's get this straight. Collingwood is a town of about 17,000 on Nottawasaga Bay, which is a section of Georgian Bay, which is a section (sort of) of Lake Huron. It's about 90 miles NNW of Toronto.
The region south of Collingwood is a productive grain belt. Agricultural prosperity was the foundation of the town's growth, but now it is being supplemented by holiday-makers from the greater Toronto area who are attracted by not only by the open spaces near the waters, but also by the nearby Blue Mountain (ski-ing).
The Blue Mountain is a long ridge whose slopes line Nottawasaga Bay immediately to the west of Collingwood. You get a good view of the from the tip of the peninsula that juts out into the Bay.
The town of Collingwood is generally clean and spiffy, and a good deal of care and effort has gone into restoring and preserving several blocks of interesting architecture.
Nice little coffeeshop on Hurontario St. in central Collingwood. Lots of parking nearby. It's next door to a nifty... more travel advice
The civic center is a real masterpiece of late Victorian architecture. It's in the style widely known as "Richardsonian... more travel advice
yooperprof's Related Pages
Collingwood Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "COLLINGWOOD****A GEORGIAN BAY GEM"
- "Georgian Baywatch"
- "Collingwood - 4 Season Destination"
- "Monday, Collingwood"
- "Blue Mountain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Collingwood
- Hotels in Collingwood
- Transportation in Collingwood
- Restaurants in Collingwood
- Shopping in Collingwood
- Warnings and Dangers in Collingwood
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Collingwood
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Collingwood?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Collingwood
Photos in CollingwoodSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 205 reviews, 391 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 102 reviews, 168 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues