"Port Hamburg Welcomes You!" Top 5 Page for this destination Hamburg by yooperprof
Hamburg Travel Guide: 1,496 reviews and 3,544 photos
Hamburg is Germany's largest port, a cosmopolitan center of culture, and a thriving metropolis that is a major hub of media, industry, education and commerce. It also is somewhat "off the tourist track," in that it's not yet perceived as having the same attractions of say Munich or Berlin. IMHO, this works to Hamburg's advantage, in that here you are less likely to run into package tourists and guidebook slaves.
It was during the reign of Kaiser Wilhelm I that Germany was unified; as part of that process, Prussia and its German... more travel advice
The American artist Sol Lewitt (b. 1928) designed this "Memorial to the Missing Jews of Altona" which was created in the... more travel advice
- See All Easy in, easy go coffee in Altona
- See All "Blue Monday" on the Red Fireboat
- See All The Hamburg Water-carrier
- See All Rapid Transit
yooperprof's Related Pages
Hamburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hamburg - a lot of great memories"
- "Port Hamburg Welcomes You!"
- "The Forgotten Hamburg"
- "FIFA came & went! But There's Still Lots To Do!"
- "Welcome to Hamburg"
- "In the footsteps of . . . Schnabelewopski?!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hamburg
- Hotels in Hamburg
- Transportation in Hamburg
- Nightlife in Hamburg
- Restaurants in Hamburg
- Shopping in Hamburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Hamburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hamburg
- 57 Reviews
- 102 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Hamburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hamburg
- Posted in Travel Chicago Forum "Re: Pilsen area Safe?"
- updated a Hamburg Travel Page "Port Hamburg Welcomes You!"
- Wrote a Review Public Art - Kaiser William I Memorial, Altona in Hamburg Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Public Art - Kaiser William I Memorial, Altona"
- Commented on one of Kushelkitten's Hamburg travel pages
Photos in HamburgSee All Photos (102)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 206 reviews, 394 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 102 reviews, 168 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues