"Wisconsin's northern port" Superior by yooperprof
Superior Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 25 photos
Superior is a town of about 30,000 that serves as a kind of sister city to Duluth, as the extreme western end of Lake Superior. Like its larger neighbor, Superior was created as a port linking the northwoods and the great plains with the vital Great Lakes shipping system. Presently, Superior is more of a service city, as these days most of the shipping business is firmly based in Duluth.
Mansions from the late 19th century dot the streetscapes of Superior, and the largest, Fairlawn, is well worth a visit.
Barker's Island is a man-made spit of land that lies immediately offshore from US 2 in Superior. It's home to a marina,... more travel advice
yooperprof's Related Pages
Superior Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wisconsin's northern port"
- "Home of the Meteor"
- "Carl / Nicole Bisaillon's Superior page"
- "Superior, US"
- "Basaic Superior Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Superior
- Hotels in Superior
- Nightlife in Superior
- Restaurants in Superior
- Shopping in Superior
- Warnings and Dangers in Superior
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Superior
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Superior?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Superior
Photos in SuperiorSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 205 reviews, 391 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 102 reviews, 168 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues