"Kringle Heaven" Racine by yooperprof
Racine Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 42 photos
If you like gooey-sticky-sweet pastry, Racine is where you want to be. It is the North American home of the Kringle, a super-Danish pastry that is guaranteed to delight the sweet tooth.
How many places still have a particular food item that is deeply associated with that area? Philly has Cheese Steak, Chicago has deep dish pizza, the upper peninsula of Michigan has the pasty, and Racine has the Kringle.
Although the basic Kringle is essentially pastry with glazed sugar, they come in many varieties. Pictured here are the Date Pecan and Blueberry Cheese Kringles.
I photographed these Kringles at Bendtsen's Bakery and Cafe, which is on State Route 20 leading into town.
yooperprof's Related Pages
Racine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kringle Heaven"
- "Litle city between Chicago and Milwaukee"
- "iavormar's new Racine Page"
- "Racine , Wisconsin"
- "ChiTownBoy's new Racine/Kenosha Page"
- "Vicky_Jo's new Racine Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Racine
- Hotels in Racine
- Nightlife in Racine
- Restaurants in Racine
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Racine
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Racine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Racine
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 205 reviews, 391 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 102 reviews, 168 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues