"Mustard and Trolls in Dane County" Mount Horeb by yooperprof
Mount Horeb Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 7 photos
Mt. Horeb is a pleasant community just about 20 miles west of the State Capitol, and just off US 18/151. It is well known both for its Mustard Museum - which I did not visit - and its significant Norwegian community. In fact, the historic/ethnic site of Little Norway is just five minutes to the east. (I visited Little Norway in 2007 - if you like Norwegian Stave Churches you should go there. Check out my page.)
I was just passing through Mt. Horeb - but I stopped for gas and grub. Nice place - I'll be back, I'm sure.
The 2000 census counted 6043 human noses in Mt. Horeb, but it's grown since then with overspill from Madison.
The Prairie Bookshop is a nice little community book store on the ground floor of this central and historic block. It has a great selection of new and old volumes, and I was lured into purchasing into several deeply discounted treasures.
Support independent booksellers!!!
yooperprof's Related Pages
Mount Horeb Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mustard and Trolls in Dane County"
- "Nat'l Mustard Day in Mt. Horeb, Wisconsin"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Horeb
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to Mount Horeb?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Horeb
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 206 reviews, 394 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 102 reviews, 168 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues