"(Almost) Nothing About the Packers Here!" Top 5 Page for this destination Green Bay by yooperprof
Green Bay Travel Guide: 115 reviews and 187 photos
There's a football team that plays in Green Bay, but I'm not going to write about them. Instead I'll share some of the other things which Green Bay is associated with - notably, outdoor activity. Green Bay is (surprisingly) a beautiful place to visit, with several distinct and unusual parks and wildlife refuges. Green Bay is an important place for migratory waterfowl flying up and down the North American corridor, and it is heartening to see that efforts have been made to preserve and extend wetlands habitat for a variety of creatures. If we as a society are going to be truly serious about protecting our environment, we need to be concerned not only about "wild places" like Yellowstone or Montana, but also - especially - about less dramatic but no less significant features like the wetlands of the upper Midwest.
Green Bay lies at the point where the Fox River enters into "Green Bay." The Fox River has a high concentration of paper mills, which can never be "neutral" in regards to environmental pollution. Fortunately, however, there's been a recognition that the local area is too important to be wasted, so the region is dotted with a variety of local, regional, and statewide parks and wildlife refuges. Some of these are funded by the paper companies themselves. It may be "conscience money," but even so, they should be commended for making the effort of giving something back to the natural world which they can't help but otherwise degrade.
Summer storms - in June 2005 I was driving north out of Green Bay on US 41 when I caught a picture of this impressive cumulo-nimbus off to the east.
Hyatt has opened one of their reliably comfortable properties at this downtown location which has seen a number of... more travel advice
There's been a lot of development in recent years in the suburbs of Green Bay, especially in the south suburbs out by... more travel advice
yooperprof's Related Pages
Green Bay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "(Almost) Nothing About the Packers Here!"
- "Welcome to the land of beer, cheese and football"
- "rstary's new Green Bay Page"
- "My Childhood Home"
- "Our Little Corner of the World"
- "WHERE'S MY CHEESE HAT"
- "Packers land"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Green Bay
- Hotels in Green Bay
- Transportation in Green Bay
- Nightlife in Green Bay
- Restaurants in Green Bay
- Shopping in Green Bay
- Warnings and Dangers in Green Bay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Green Bay
- 17 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Green Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Green Bay
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 205 reviews, 391 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 102 reviews, 168 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues