"Wisconsin's Northernmost Village" Cornucopia by yooperprof
Cornucopia Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 12 photos
The story I heard was this: Cornucopia is going to be the next Bayfield. According to some locals, Bayfield - gateway to the Apostle Islands, population 616 - is getting to be "too touristy". There are now four t-shirt shops in Bayfield!!! What's next, a video arcade? And property prices in Bayfield are going up and up. Houses that sold for $50,000 a decade ago are now on the market for $200K and up. So "pioneers" who want a true "idyll" on Lake Superior have discovered Cornucopia (lovingly called "Corny" by locals), some 20 miles or so further along a twisting state highway. Apparently, you can still get good houses in Corny for well under $80,000.
In the meantime, the main attraction in Cornucopia is still its woodsy quiet.
How many small villages of 250 people in the Midwest have their own wood-framed Russian Orthodox Church? Not many, I... more travel advice
A very new, very nice coffee/gift shop, owned and operated by some of the newcomers to the village. In addition to... more travel advice
yooperprof's Related Pages
Cornucopia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wisconsin's Northernmost Village"
- "Basaic Cornucopia Page"
- "anotherpath's new Cornucopia Page"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cornucopia
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Cornucopia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cornucopia
Photos in CornucopiaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 206 reviews, 394 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 102 reviews, 168 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues