"Border City, Friendship City" Blaine by yooperprof
Blaine Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 84 photos
Supposedly the only "arch" constructed and designed which celebrates an undefended border between two nations. If traffic at the border crossing is really backed up, this is a nice place to stop and picnic for a while.
The Peace Arch was conceived and built by Seattle entrepreneur and roadbuilder Sam Hill. He was one of the first proponents of the widespread use of cement in the United States! And Hill was also responsible for the Maryhill Museum and Stonehenge replica - see my Maryhill Washington page for a report.
We Americans really do take Canada and Canadians too much for granted, IMHO.
I have a friend whose mother is Canadian and whose father is a US Citizen. He's named Blaine, after this place.
yooperprof's Related Pages
Blaine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Blaine, the boarder town of Canada and the U.S."
- "Gateway to Canada"
- "Our AmeriFriends"
- "Border City, Friendship City"
- "Blaine Washington"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blaine
- Hotels in Blaine
- Nightlife in Blaine
- Restaurants in Blaine
- Warnings and Dangers in Blaine
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Blaine
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Blaine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blaine
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 205 reviews, 391 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 102 reviews, 168 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues