"A Gem of the National Park System" Crater Lake National Park by yooperprof
Crater Lake National Park Travel Guide: 149 reviews and 439 photos
Sometimes the Travel Gods smile. I have had some pretty stupendous travel luck over the years. I was fortunate to visit Crater Lake on a day of crystalline clear skies, in which the water perfectly reflected the beauty and mystery of the surrounding park.
This is all that's left of what was once a towering volcanic mountain. I learned that the local indigenous people tell stories of the cataclysmic geologic events that occurred here. The wise scientists tell us that the eruption that created Crater Lake happened only about ten thousand years ago, a mere speck of geologic time.
It is one thing to accept that own individual lives are microscopic ripples in the river of time. As the wise man once wrote, mortal flesh is as the grasses' flowers. It is another thing entirely to reflect that mountains are also subject to the forces of decay and death. All -everything under our sun, and perhaps beyond it as well - is mutable.
- Pros:Hear Hear for Our National Park System
yooperprof's Related Pages
Crater Lake National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Crater Lake National Park Page"
- "Crater Lake National Park"
- "Reflections of Crater Lake"
- "The purest body of water in the world!"
- "Crater Lake is Oregon's 'National' Park"
- "Jewel in the Cascades"
- "Where Else Can You Swim in a Volcano?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Crater Lake National Park
- Hotels in Crater Lake National Park
- Transportation in Crater Lake National Park
- Nightlife in Crater Lake National Park
- Restaurants in Crater Lake National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Crater Lake National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Crater Lake National Park
- 0 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Crater Lake National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Crater Lake National Park
Photos in Crater Lake National ParkSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 205 reviews, 391 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 102 reviews, 168 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues