"The Undiscovered Part of the Oregon Coast" Top 5 Page for this destination Coos Bay by yooperprof
Coos Bay Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 62 photos
Once Coos Bay was a major seaport, sending its timber and wood products all over the world. Now it is a fairly sleepy burg which has seen better times. But I liked the feel of the place when I stopped there while on holiday in the spring of 2004. There was a pleasant and wholesome sense that this is still a working community that takes pride in its heritage but which is rather far off the normal tourist track.
An interesting tug working in the Coos Bay harbor. Though the port is much quieter now than it was 50 years, Coos Bay still sends out wood products from the docks downtown.
- In a nutshell:Birthplace of Steve Prefontaine
Just the model for what a small town art museum should be. Housed in an attractive art deco-esque building, and... more travel advice
We found this unpretensious fishmarket down by the docks in nearby Charleston. Fish doesn't get much fresher than this. more travel advice
yooperprof's Related Pages
Coos Bay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Undiscovered Part of the Oregon Coast"
- "Cool Coos Bay"
- "RANGER-YOGI's new Coos Bay Page"
- "City in the Dunes"
- "Great small town along Oregon's Coast"
- "Coos Bay - Unexpected you"
- "Cape Arago state park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Coos Bay
- Hotels in Coos Bay
- Restaurants in Coos Bay
- Shopping in Coos Bay
- Warnings and Dangers in Coos Bay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coos Bay
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to Coos Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coos Bay
Photos in Coos BaySee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 206 reviews, 394 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 102 reviews, 168 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues