"A Small, Liberal, Liberal Arts Town (& College)" Top 5 Page for this destination Oberlin by yooperprof
Oberlin Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 197 photos
Did I see Andy Hardy just pop out of the corner drug store? And was that Jimmy Steward canoodling down the street with Donna Reed? Oberlin is a throw-back in time and atmosphere, to a kindler, gentler America. Not that that's such a bad thing, IMHO.
This beautiful park is at the center of the Oberlin College campus, and is immediately across the street from the town shops and restaurants. Oh, we American collegiate people do enjoy our park-like grassy spaces! It's all because of Thomas Jefferson, of course. "Rus in Urbe," or something like that.
One of the most significant streets in Oberlin is "Professor." (No wonder yooperprof felt so much at home here!)
The Memorial Arch in Tappan Square is a favorite place for Oberliners to saunter. It was built in 1903 and is dedicated... more travel advice
Oberlin has been able to maintain a high standard of quality in its public buildings. Its Post Office is a... more travel advice
yooperprof's Related Pages
Oberlin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Small, Liberal, Liberal Arts Town (& College)"
- "College Days - 45 years ago and Today"
- "Honeymooning in...Ohio"
- "Oberlin: My First College Town"
- "ckrueger99's new Oberlin Page"
- "Oberlin College"
- "A nice little college town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oberlin
- Hotels in Oberlin
- Transportation in Oberlin
- Nightlife in Oberlin
- Restaurants in Oberlin
- Shopping in Oberlin
- Warnings and Dangers in Oberlin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oberlin
- 9 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Oberlin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oberlin
Photos in OberlinSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 206 reviews, 394 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 102 reviews, 168 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues