"Taking a gander at Gooseberry Falls" Gooseberry Falls State Park by yooperprof
Gooseberry Falls State Park Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 27 photos
If you want to see a lot of water pouring down the falls, go in the early spring. (Check out Zrim's Gooseberry Falls page to see what I mean.) On the other hand, if you are passing through in mid-August as I was, you'll be able to wander among the rocks without fear of washing away.
It was a gorgeous summer day when I was at the Falls. I've read that this is the most popular State Park in Minnesota, but I didn't feel overwhelmed with crowds. It was actually nice to see families, children, and some seniors all wandering about and appreciating this place. I was also glad that Minnesota's state bird was nowhere to be seen - or felt.
The rocks were dry and I enjoyed clambering up and down the outcropings. The relative lack of water in the river allowed me interesting photo opportunities. I don't think you'd be safe taking this shot in May!
Gooseberry Falls is one of a series of superb Minnesota State Parks along State Route 61 north of Duluth. I found all of... more travel advice
yooperprof's Related Pages
Gooseberry Falls State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Spring Torrents"
- "Gooseberry falls state park MN"
- "Taking a gander at Gooseberry Falls"
- "Gooseberry Falls State Park"
- "A Pleasant Surprise"
- "Gooseberry Falls State Park, Minnesota"
- "Beautiful falls"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gooseberry Falls State Park
- Hotels in Gooseberry Falls State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gooseberry Falls State Park
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Gooseberry Falls State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gooseberry Falls State Park
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 205 reviews, 391 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 102 reviews, 168 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues