"Water Over Rock" Tahquamenon Falls State Park by yooperprof
Tahquamenon Falls State Park Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 22 photos
Tahquamenon Falls - a fifty foot drop in a wide river makes this one of the Upper Peninsula's most impressive waterfalls. It's a well-developed state park, with ample hiking trails, campgrounds, picnic areas, inland lakes for fishing and birdwatching, etc. I particularly like the fact that there's a brewpub on the park grounds!
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow is one the great unread poets of America. His "Song of Hiawatha" was largely set in the Upper Peninsula; this region is often called Hiawathaland after Longfellow's noble native hero. In Marquette, there's an excellent "Hiawatha Folk Music Festival" every July. I've never met anyone who has actually read "The Song of Hiawatha," though.
And thus sailed my Hiawatha
Down the rushing Tahquamenaw,
Sailed through all its bends and windings,
Sailed through all its deeps and shallows
Longfellow, "The Song of Hiawatha"
- In a nutshell:Blackflies are really bad here from late May to early July
yooperprof's Related Pages
Tahquamenon Falls State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "It's a mouthful"
- "Water Over Rock"
- "T a h q u a m e n o n F a l l s"
- "The Enchanted Forest"
- "Tahquamenon Falls"
- "Michigan Upper Penninsula Style Playground"
- "Two different waterfalls"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tahquamenon Falls State Park
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Tahquamenon Falls State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tahquamenon Falls State Park
Photos in Tahquamenon Falls State ParkSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 205 reviews, 391 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 102 reviews, 168 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues