"A town built by Pierogis and Steel" Top 5 Page for this destination Hammond by yooperprof
Hammond Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 175 photos
Colorful Slovakian spoon-dancers delight the crowd at Pierogifest 2006! I love ethnic dancing.
Okay, maybe it's not as entertaining as Hansi in drag, but I'm grateful that Dabs invited me down to Hammond to eat pierogis and experience the street fair.
And to be honest, the dancing was better than the pierogis!
My first visit to Hammond was actually in July 2004, when sambarnett took me through on a quick tour. In this picture, my feet are firmly planted in Indiana, but Illinois is just on the other side!
People from Hammond are residents of the greater Chicago area, no doubt about it!
A pierogi hat, of course!
One size fits all.
yooperprof's Related Pages
Hammond Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I don't live in a cornfield"
- "HAMMOND - CHICAGO' S BEDROOM COMMUNITY"
- "Hammond, Indiana"
- "A town built by Pierogis and Steel"
- "The REAL Hometown of VT Member DABS"
- "PIEROGI FESTIVAL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hammond
- Hotels in Hammond
- Transportation in Hammond
- Nightlife in Hammond
- Restaurants in Hammond
- Shopping in Hammond
- Warnings and Dangers in Hammond
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hammond
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Hammond?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hammond
Photos in HammondSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 205 reviews, 391 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 102 reviews, 168 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues