"Interesting Architecture Abounds in Columbus" Columbus by yooperprof
Columbus Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 29 photos
Columbus Indiana is a very interesting place. Over the last 50 years it has consciously chosen to become a kind of open-air museum dedicated to the display of modern architecture. The town fathers and mothers have decided to employ many of the nation and the world's finest architects to design and build offices, schools, libraries, and churches in their community. What makes Columbus especially admirable is that it is not the "product" of a single planner's vision, or the effort of a mega-corporation to enhance its public image. Instead, Columbus has created its rich fabric of masterful buildings one at a time, with a variety of different patrons, some private, some corporate, some governmental. Do take one of the excellent architectural tours that are offered at the Visitor's Center.
yooperprof's Related Pages
Columbus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Columbus, IN"
- "New Brownsville Covered Bridge"
- "Columbus, Indiana"
- "Interesting Architecture Abounds in Columbus"
- "Basaic Columbus Page"
- "duns1's new Columbus Page"
- "Pictures of Columbus"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Columbus
- Hotels in Columbus
- Restaurants in Columbus
- Shopping in Columbus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Columbus
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Columbus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Columbus
Photos in ColumbusSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 205 reviews, 391 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 102 reviews, 168 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues