"The Highlands of Central Florida" Sebring by yooperprof
Sebring Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 20 photos
This is Highlands Hammock State Park, the oldest in Florida. It was developed in the 1930s as a CCC project, and is kept up beautifully as a place of real wildlife conservation. When I was there for a hike in December 2002, I saw raccoons, wild turkeys, gators and a bobcat.
My dad and step-mom live here in Sebring, so I visit once or twice every year.
It's not at all unusual when driving to find yourself behind a slow moving orange truck. Passing can be problematic, given a heavy level of traffic even on rural roads. Might as well just roll down the window and enjoy the smell of fresh picked fruit.
It's pleasant to drive (or walk) around Sebring and enjoy the interesting examples of local domestic architecture. Compared to many other places in Florida, Sebring is quiet, and there are still plenty of neighborhoods that don't seem to have changed much in the last 50 years.
- Pros:This is NOT the Florida that most tourists see
- Cons:People don't know how to drive down here!
- In a nutshell:Stay off the Interstates and see some of the country!
This is a small museum dedicated to telling the story of the American naval forces over the course of the last 200... more travel advice
Sebring orients itself to Lake Jackson, a medium sized body of water that provides many recreational opportunities for... more travel advice
yooperprof's Related Pages
Sebring Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Highlands of Central Florida"
- "Sebring for Business"
- "Beautiful, Quiet Sebring, FL"
- "Racetrack and State Park"
- "Basaic sebring Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sebring
- Hotels in Sebring
- Nightlife in Sebring
- Restaurants in Sebring
- Shopping in Sebring
- Warnings and Dangers in Sebring
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sebring
- 9 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Sebring?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sebring
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 206 reviews, 394 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 102 reviews, 168 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues